Windows lock By Locksmith Santa Monica
Windows are usually a primary target for the average thief, they will try and avoid locks as much as possible and find the easiest point of access, to help prevent your windows from being a weak spot of entry to your home, window locks are here to help. Window locks further enforce your window into the frame and make it hard for a thief to break, and it allows you to lock the window itself. Here is a list of the various window locks you can choose from. You can contact a professional locksmith to help install them for you:
- Hinged Wedge Locks– The hinged wedge lock offers two functions to double-hung windows. When securely in place, the hinged lock prevents the window from fully opening. The window opens only as far as where the lock has been installed. The hinged lock can push inward towards the window to allow the window to completely slide open. This can be a nightmare for a would-be burglar, as they will not spend the hassle or time to pry the window open.
- Sliding Window Locks– Sliding window locks are easy to install, and mount onto either side of the track by twisting a wing nut in place to mount it securely to the window. The sliding window locks that are not permanent require no tools for assembly and give you the choice of leaving the windows slightly open but still securely locked into place. You will need to remove the lock with a key before opening the window.
- Folding Locks– Folding locks mount to the top window of a double-hung window and permit the window to open slightly. Folding locks also provide air circulation without jeopardizing your safety. This means that with the folding locks securely in place, you can still get that fresh breeze of air, while keeping the windows fully secured.
- Keyed Sash Locks– Keyed sash locks work efficiently with double-hung windows. They mount to the side of the window or window sash, and require a key to open and close. Once the keyed sash is in place, you must remove the lock with the key to open the window.
- Window Latch Locks– The window latch lock is the most common lock seen in windows. The window latch lock attaches to one window and securely connects to another window when closed. It works by turning the handle on the latch to lock the windows into place. Window latch locks are inexpensive, and can be purchased at any local hardware store.
At Santa Monica Lock our locksmiths will determine the best possible security situation for your home or business. Windows can be an easy access point for many thieves, let us ensure every aspect of your home is well secured and taken care of. Our locksmiths have decades of experience underneath their belt and will create a tailor-made security system for your specific situation. Give us a call whenever you have a security issue! We are a 24/7 mobile locksmith at your service!
Locksmith Santa Monica (310) 409-2554